(click/touch triangles for details)
- I wish you would speak rationally.'Chapter 9 (33% in)
- I don't know what would have concluded the scene, had there not been one person at hand rather more rational than myself, and more benevolent than my entertainer.Chapter 2 (94% in)
- I can hardly regard her in the light of a rational creature, so obstinately has she persisted in forming a fabulous notion of my character and acting on the false impressions she cherished.Chapter 14 (50% in)
- Catherine caught and perused it eagerly; then she put a few questions to me concerning the inmates, rational and irrational, of her former home; and gazing towards the hills, murmured in soliloquy: 'I should like to be riding Minny down there!Chapter 31 (22% in)
- 'Five minutes ago Hareton seemed a personification of my youth, not a human being; I felt to him in such a variety of ways, that it would have been impossible to have accosted him rationally.Chapter 33 (80% in)
There are no more uses of "rational" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)