(click/touch triangles for details)
- Hindley is a detestable substitute — his conduct to Heathcliff is atrocious — H. and I are going to rebel — we took our initiatory step this evening.Chapter 3 (11% in)
- I spat out, and affirmed it tasted detestably — I would not take it on any account.Chapter 9 (4% in)
- You'd hear of odd things if I lived alone with that mawkish, waxen face: the most ordinary would be painting on its white the colours of the rainbow, and turning the blue eyes black, every day or two: they detestably resemble Linton's.'Chapter 10 (95% in)
- You wouldn't think that I should cry at anything Joseph could say; but he and Hareton are detestable companions.Chapter 17 (25% in)
- 'Will you shut the door, if you please? you left it open; and those — those DETESTABLE creatures won't bring coals to the fire.Chapter 23 (12% in)
There are no more uses of "detestable" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)