used in Wuthering Heights
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
authoritative in various senses:
- comprehensive in scope and from an expert
- appearance or behavior that fits an important person
- offensively self-assured or given to exercising unwarranted power
- relating to a government authority (magistrate) who can administer the law
- But tell him, also, to set his fraternal and magisterial heart at ease: that I keep strictly within the limits of the law.
Chapter 14 (62% in)
There are no more uses of "magisterial" in Wuthering Heights.