(click/touch triangles for details)
- He cunningly conjectured they were staying away in order to avoid hearing his protracted blessing.Chapter 9 (60% in)
- Their guest did not protract his stay that evening above an hour longer.Chapter 10 (39% in)
- The servants thought me gone to shake off the drowsiness of my protracted watch; in reality, my chief motive was seeing Mr. Heathcliff.Chapter 16 (32% in)
- 'He's younger than I,' she answered, after a protracted pause of meditation, 'and he ought to live the longest: he will — he must live as long as I do.Chapter 23 (86% in)
- I vainly reminded him of his protracted abstinence from food: if he stirred to touch anything in compliance with my entreaties, if he stretched his hand out to get a piece of bread, his fingers clenched before they reached it, and remained on the table, forgetful of their aim.Chapter 34 (46% in)
There are no more uses of "protracted" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)