(click/touch triangles for details)
- Edgar, in his anxiety for her, forgot her hated friend.Chapter 15 (96% in)
- Every one was active but Miss Isabella; and they began to remark how sound she slept: her brother, too, asked if she had risen, and seemed impatient for her presence, and hurt that she showed so little anxiety for her sister-in-law.Chapter 12 (90% in)
- ...watching, and patiently enduring all the annoyances that irritable nerves and a shaken reason could inflict; and, though Kenneth remarked that what he saved from the grave would only recompense his care by forming the source of constant future anxiety — in fact, that his health and strength were being sacrificed to preserve a mere ruin of humanity — he knew no limits in gratitude and joy when Catherine's life was declared out of danger; and hour after hour he would sit beside her,...Chapter 13 (2% in)
- 'With that I shut the window and returned to my place by the fire; having too small a stock of hypocrisy at my command to pretend any anxiety for the danger that menaced him.Chapter 17 (38% in)
- All you need do, is to wait well on your father, and cheer him by letting him see you cheerful; and avoid giving him anxiety on any subject: mind that, Cathy!Chapter 22 (39% in)
There are no more uses of "anxiety" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)