(click/touch triangles for details)
DefinitionU.S. songwriter (born in Russia) who wrote musical comedies and songs such as God Bless America, White Christmas, Anything You Can Do, and There's No Business Like Show Business (1888-1989)
- After the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, members of the U.S. Congress stood together on the steps of the Capitol and sang Irving Berlin's, God Bless America.
- Well .... at least not since Irving Berlin.Rick Riordan -- The Trials of Apollo
- Miss Smith highlighted the event with a rendition of Irving Berlin's "White Christmas."Judy Blume -- In the Unlikely Event
- " Then I'll admit how lazy and lucky I am and how successful and downright great some of the more notorious pencil sharpeners have been—two of my heroes, Frank Loesser and Irving Berlin, being among them.Jay Allison, et al. -- This I Believe
- Recently the New York Times had reported the eerie Masonic ties of countless famous men-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the Duke of Kent, Peter Sellers, Irving Berlin, Prince Philip, Louis Armstrong, as well as a pantheon of well-known modern-day industrialists and banking magnates.Dan Brown -- Angels & Demons
Dictionary / pronunciation — Vocabulary.com®Dictionary / synonyms — Google®Dictionary list — Onelook.com®Wikipedia Articleaudio sample: Anything You Can Doaudio sample: White Christmasaudio sample: God Bless AmericaYouTube