(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitioncharacteristics of a human populations; e.g., population density and income distribution
- Based upon its demographics and the traffic patterns, the neighborhood should support another fast-food restaurant.
demographics = characteristics
- The demographics of the United States show that the number of Hispanics is growing, especially in the South.
- District demographics indicate it will be a tight race if both parties put forth moderate candidates.
- Based on its demographics, the city shouldn't have that many instances of the disease.
- They cited employee demographics in the lawsuit.
- The 1997 National Research Council study cited is entitled "The New Americans: Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration."Sonia Nazario -- Enrique's Journey
- Because of the demographic distribution of its infection history, AIDS adds another property to its literary usage: the political angle.Thomas C. Foster -- How to Read Literature Like a Professor
- I did business plans and demographic and marketing studies.David Baldacci -- Zero Day
- The final pair of crime-drop explanations concern two demographic trends.Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner -- Freakonomics
- You're missing a whole demographic of Katherines by not chasing the over-eighty market."John Green -- An Abundance of Katherines
- We've drawn social security numbers at random within that demographic."Stieg Larsson -- The Girl Who Played with Fire
- Christer spent a week doing spot checks on what sort of demographic is showing up.Stieg Larsson -- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- To have been born before 1911 is to have been demographically unlucky.Malcolm Gladwell -- Outliers
- We were perfecting techniques in hydrology, learning tide levels and demographics of the ocean floor.Marcus Luttrell -- Lone Survivor
- Those murders were concentrated in a handful of neighborhoods, and the victims were concentrated in a single demographic-young black men.Wes Moore -- The Other Wes Moore
- The changing demographics of the city posed a challenge for school administrators.Joshua Davis -- Spare Parts
- THE CHANGE IN Clarkston was an accelerated version of demographic changes taking place all across America because of immigration and refugee resettlement.Warren St. John -- Outcasts United
- The same demographic groups widely employed at fast food restaurants — the young and the poor — are also responsible for much of the nation's violent crime.Eric Schlosser -- Fast Food Nation
- Then, the following year, we came across an obscure but meticulous demographic study that outlined a human rights violation that had claimed tens of thousands more lives.Nicholas D. Kristof -- Half the Sky
- So I will get big radio traffic When you look at demographic Sushi K research statistic Make big future look ballistic Speed of Sushi K growth stock Put U.S. rappers into shockNeal Stephenson -- Snow Crash
Dictionary / pronunciation — Vocabulary.com®Dictionary / synonyms — Google®Dictionary list — Onelook.com®